Tested tools with ReqEdit
2 min read
last updated: 05/04/2022
ReqEdit 2.18 was tested with the following tools:
- IBM Rational DOORS (Classic)
- IBM ELM DOORS NEXT v6, v7
based on the Recommendations PSI of Prostep ivip :
- ReqIF for Requirements Export
- ReqIF for Requirements Import
- Standard SRC (stakeholder request clarification) process
|Tested With |
|DOORS Classic |
|Import to ReqEdit||success||limitation||limitation||limitation|
|Export from ReqEdit||success||success||success||success|
UseCase: Importing ReqIF file into ReqEdit
ReqIF file package is created in a RM system. The created file is valid and opens with ReqEdit, containing all the attributes, objects, attachments.
Limitation import from Intland CodeBeamer:
- ReqEdit validates all opened files conform the ReqIF schema. CodeBeamer can use internal, unsupported XHTML tags and attributes, so the file will be invalidated. To open the file, ReqEdit gives the user the option to disable HTML validation at his own risk.
Limitation import from IBM ELM DOORS NEXT:
- Not allowed tags and attributes in XHTML (see the section with the CodeBeamer limitation above).
UseCase: Exporting ReqIF from ReqEdit
New ReqIF file or file package is created in the ReqEdit and is imported in the RM system. The created file is compatible with the tested tools.
UseCase: Standard SRC
- ReqIF file package is exported from a RM system. The exported file is valid and opens with ReqEdit, containing all the attributes, objects, attachments. After editing and saving it in ReqEdit, the file is reimported to an RM system, all the changes made in ReqEdit are visible.
- New ReqIF file is created in ReqEdit. The created file is valid and is imported to a RM system. Changes are made in the RM system and exported as ReqIF file. After that it is imported in ReqEdit and all the changes are visible in ReqEdit.
Limitations IBM ELM DOORS NEXT:
- Limitations mentioned in the usecases Import & Export
- ReqEdit supports only one object/item type per specification/requirements document. The different types supported from Doors Next Generation will be merged to one type. After reexporting the ReqEdit document only the merged artifact type is visible in DNG. DNG offers the possibility to restore / change the different types.